The UK faces an unprecedented challenge in providing the required heating demand to buildings for thermal comfort, whilst maintaining low costs to consumers and reducing carbon emissions.
In collaboration with some of the UK’s leading universities, Free Running Buildings successfully developed and finalised the design for the manufacture of FREEHEAT, a zero-energy passive ventilation system with active heat recovery technology.
FREEHEAT, the UK’s first flat-pack ventilation system:
- Increases the temperature of incoming air by 3 – 5°C with no power requirements
- Provides building occupants with a cost effective solution
- Retrofits to existing ventilation terminals
- Lowers the demand placed on building heating systems
- Supplies fresh, clean and warm air
- Removes potentially harmful indoor and airborne pollutants