Discrete Event Simulation & Optimisation Modelling (DES)
With an established history of working with companies from the construction, medical and public service sectors, our expertly trained staff at Free Running Buildings use DES to:
- Proof-out process improvement concepts including line balancing and resource optimisation
- Identify bottlenecks within existing systems and test potential solutions
- Re-engineer business processes to identify optimal solutions
- Identify high-density areas within indoor public areas and industrial buildings to support decision making on redesigning layout and flow
Digital Twin Modelling
Digital twin is the next level of simulation in which the simulation is connected to real-time data coming from the physical systems via sensor data, monitoring devices or process management systems such as Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
Benefits of digital twin modelling include:
- Predictive performance based on real-time states
- Real-time monitoring
- Resource optimisation based on real-time scenarios
Our current development in digital twin focuses on smart factory and net-zero buildings.
Point-Cloud Model Generation
A point cloud is a set of data points in space, the points represent a 3D shape or object. Our capabilities in Point-Cloud Modelling include aerial, radial and thermal scanning, with our in-house software and bespoke built drone capabilities.
We use Point-Cloud modelling to support:
- Automatic generation of 3D geometry for Building Energy Modelling applications
- Generation of 3D factory layout for support DES and digital twin models
- Façade inspection and repair detection